1.21.2015

How to completely change your life....live in the now.

Today represents a milestone in my life and in the life of my marriage. Today I out earned my husband. Today, I earned 200 dollars more this pay check then he did.. I got a huge bonus based on sales..and for the first time in our marriage, I out earned him.

New readers will find this petty...so, before you comment...scroll through older posts...older readers know why this matters.

Dear friends,  it only took me 14 months.

14 months ago, I had no job experience, no education, nothing.
 Now I earn as much..when I'm not earning more.

I say this for only one reason.
If you are stuck, get unstuck...
Just decide.
Then do it...
You are already scared, hurt, confused and discouraged...
Make it mean something.
I watched castaway last night....and there is a scene where he weaves a rope to hang himself....but he doesn't use it.
Then he gets his courage back.
And he realises he needs to weave rope to put a boat together.. He gets down to the end and realizes he doesn't have enough rope...then he remembers the rope hanging from the tree branch....he retrieves it and uses it to save himself.
It's up to you what you do with the life you have created....with your innate abilities...
There are skills in you, honed from years of dealing with tragedy and pAin that God is waiting to use for your renewal and ultimate success...you just have to see a different purpose for your rope...
You have to believe something different can happen... And that takes a lot of faith... Something I didnt always have. So instead of faith in tomorrow, I placed my faith in the now. I can control now... I can decide to try and keep trying..now. And worry about the rest later...except my little trick is.. There is no later. Later never comes. It's always now. So concern yourself with now...and let later take care of itself.
A noose...
Or freedom...
You decide.
Chris out.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT post, and GREAT advice!

Darcy Winters said...

Luv this! Congrats on hitting that milestone - now the job is to repeat it! ;-)

Amber said...

You are in inspiration to many.

Great job!

All it take is the choice to make changes for oneself.

Robin said...

When I started blogging, I did it because I felt hopeless. Useless. Life was empty and I desperately needed to find meaning somewhere. And this helped. I read about other people who struggled (not so much with migraines, but struggled) and realized I wasn't alone. That helped.

And knowing that helped me to continue to hope even when there still wasn't any light. I was still in the middle of the tunnel and no end in sight.

Then I moved here, changed doctors, and a glimmer of light appeared. As I continue to do right things, healthy things... that light gets bigger. I still get migraines, but now there is enough variation that I can actually use an increase in migraine pain to determine the problem (diet? lack of sleep? or an emotional grenade going off?). Once I figure that out, I can make changes.

It's everything.

I'm not better. I'm not outearning anyone (but yay you!!!!), but I am doing better than I was. I'm working within in the present and hoping for a better future. And that is something I couldn't honestly say back in 2010 when I started this blog. I was just hanging on by my fingernails (and fondling my noose).

Thank you for revisiting this blog and sharing your journey. You're very inspiring. I hope you never quit.

Jen said...

So proud of you. Keep up the great work.

Weighing Well said...

I have tears stinging my eyes now. I am so happy for you and so encouraged by you! You are amazing! I'm glad you believed in you, and took the next step and the next and next to win your life back. You are a fighter, a warrior princess and a hero to me! Bravo and Well Done!!!

E. Jane said...

You have come such a long way, and I always knew you would eventually find this path. Stay true to yourself and keep your journey.

Val N. said...

Woohooooo! Congratulations!

Val N. said...

Woohoooo! Congratulations!