10.18.2014

What scares the hell out of insecure people?

confidence

I have been, in my life, screamed at out car windows...
many times..what has been screamed has been derogatory.
Tonight I went to walmart..
I am not dressed in any attention getting way..
a henley and capri work out pants and tennis shoes.

I am walking from my car to the store.
A guy drives by and yells...I want to fuck you but you're too ugly.
Now let me ask you a question..
What was it about me that drew his attention...
was it my exceptional ugliness?
no.
Was it that I was exceptionally fuckable?
no.
was I exceptionally attractive?
no.
I walk with confidence.
 
For a certain subset of men...that is intimidating.
they don't like confident women.
They want to 'put them in their place'.
What do I do with men like that...or indeed, people like that...
I ignore them.
Because that's the amount of attention they deserve.
They have a deep seated insecurity that comes forth when a strong woman is around..
These are the men that think women bosses are bitches.
I had a cashier think he was going to take my job.
He is no longer employed because he couldn't even bother to show up for work.
These are the men that think women 'have their place'.
That think women should stay in the kitchen..
because deep down, they know they are weak willed and weak minded.
If I could teach women anything...it's to be exceptional...
and that will cause the dross of their lives to float to the top so you can skim it off....
There are men that speak pretty words...but when push comes to shove...
when their women excel...the ugliness comes out.
No one kicks a dead horse...there are plenty of unattractive people..
But confident and capable and motivated people...
there are not a whole lot of those...
and women in particular...are not encouraged to be strong and in leadership positions.
You have to be prepared to listen to the criticism and improve..
and to know when you are listening to the whining of an insecure loser.
When someone is kicking you..
it's because you scare them.
Don't stop being exceptional...
Keep improving and kick them to the curb.
Their ugliness is a reflection of their self image and worth.
Not yours.
Chris out.

5 comments:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

U r so right! ISYN!

(((hugs)))

Robin said...

If I could teach women anything...it's to be exceptional...
and that will cause the dross of their lives to float to the top so you can skim it off....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Of course, it is true for men, too. The more secure we become in ourselves, the more good things we attract into our lives. And that subset of people your talk about... we shed them. Hallelujah!

Weighing Well said...

Oh how people hate our confidence especially when they so want much to be superior to us and yet we still like ourselves too much to let them overpower us. It rattles them. They hate us. Not our problem...its theirs.

I wish I knew you. I admire you from afar. You are an amazing woman and I love to follow your "no bullshit" stance on life.

Unknown said...

LOVELOVELOVE THIS.

xo

Unknown said...

Men can be such pigs sometimes! You are right... you are NOT ugly, far from it. Keep doing what you are doing.