11.01.2011

Now let's see the Christmas decorations....

Okay, Now that halloween is out of the way, I can stand the sight of Christmas trees. I don't know why these people feel the need to break this stuff out mid september...marketing I guess.

It's november...this year has gone by quickly.
I have been doing alright with hottification...but have realized something.
I have gone too long with a kind of diet mentality...
In that I still eat outside of what the kids eat...
and since my husband is dieting (and doing very well I might add)
Its us two and those two...
I guess I am just sick of feeling like I have to get somewhere quickly when there is no such rush.
When I started I was content to get to a great weight slowly..
Somewhere around the last 20 lbs you lose your mind and want it quickly..
and this is where a lot of people seem to flub up.,
Instead of letting it come off like the rest came off.
Instead of seeing it as a permanant change..
You lose your MIND and think...If I just cut it to 1400 and exercise 6 days a week....I will be there in thus and such a time.
(you know, that mentality that caused you to FAIL so many times before.)
Instead of saying...okay, let's focus on how I intend to eat and exercise for the rest of my life.
every set back can be viewed as a failure.
oy.
I am still learning.
learning how to eat like a normal person.
I am still using that night creme for wrinkles and it seems to work.
I am just focusing on integrating my life and my eating and my exercising.
I know I will never have a perfect balance..
But I also know that you have to shake up the exercise and eating everyonce in a while or you will die of boredom.

So, I am getting there.
Hope all of you are doing well.
Chris out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: messing up at the last 20 pounds by trying to get in a hurry... Ohhhhh. huh.

Of course, since when I got to the last 20 pounds, I messed up to the point that I've gained 25 pounds BACK...uh-hmmm, the last 20 pounds theory is bigger, better, more here.

I think I need to downshift the gears since, in my haste to lose that last 20, I inadvertently ended up in reverse.

Thanks, Chris.

Deb

Christine said...

@ deb...lol, yeah well then you got thirty or forty to lose ...I know the feeling...and then you get in a bigger hurry...it's like a vicious circle. We will get there. It just takes time.....time...time...lolol.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Sounds like you are getting to a good place- a new normal. That's all we can ever hope for really. That this all becomes just 'life' and that someday we might not have to try so hard... something like that.
Lately, I've been thinking that this next year should be about trying some more new things. I seem to do best when I'm concentrating on how I feel about life in general and also pushing myself a bit physically. I like it when I find that I can do things I never thought I might.

Retta said...

This makes a LOT of sense to me. I might not be at the last 20 pounds, but this also applies to those of us who lose some, then get stuck. So we think "lower the calories and exercise like a maniac"... and like you said, lose our minds! And sometimes it backfires. :-}

It's still of supreme importance to me... but I'm trying a different approach right now. Having it Follow, not lead. Follow me, as I live NOW. I'm dabbling in about 4 art projects right now, and feel more energized and willing to eat right because of it. Funny how that works, LOL!

Good post!

Hanlie said...

I can't really comment, since I'm not even in the same time zone as my last 20... but the post made me wonder what my approach would be.

Tony said...

omg, I totally F'ed up around the last 20-30 pounds and gained back 40! LOL.

Putz said...

ya for christine, i have completed 3 separate posts on our barlow christmas annual pageant yes in october .,.,you ought to read them to get into the spirit although i am sure you don't need my posts to do that.,.CHRISTMAS ISS COMING GOOSE IS GETTING FAT<<<<<,BUT let hope he is the only one that gets fat<><>love you bunches