11.28.2011

There is pain...and then there is this workout....

okay..
this is what I  did tonight at the gym...
The workout I thought was a little 'light duty' when I started...but soon discovered I was wrong?! well..
here you go.
single leg squats 10 reps each side
no rest
bent over row with barbell
12 reps
no rest
romanian deadlift with same barbell
12 sets
no rest
bench press
15 reps
no rest
swiss ball crunch
15-20 reps
90 second rest
then redo all of the above 2 more times..

Next set
reverse lunge
10 times each leg
no rest
bentover row (again!)
10 reps
no rest
forward lunge with one arm extended
10 per side
no rest
bench leg raise
10 reps
90 second rest  repeat 2 more times

3rd set
sumo squat with dumb bell
12 reps
no rest
French press (triceps)
12 reps
no rest
barbell curl
12 reps
no rest
Mountain climber
15 PER SIDE
(30 total)
90 second rest...
and you guessed it...repeat 2 more times.

This whole thing is the first workout created by the little booger below.
Whom I was cursing by the time I finished.



I had better have an ass like an anvil when I am finished.
That's all I'm sayin'.
By the time I was done with this I was supposed to do 20 minutes of moderate exercise tha twould raise my heart rate to 115 to 120 beats per minute.
I hobbled around the track doing an impression of an invalid and completed 2 miles in about 45 minutes. lol.
Tomorrow I do sprints.
We shall see.
Wednesday is a 'different whole body workout'.
I just pray to God there are fewer squats and lunges.
That's all.
Have a great night guys.
Chris out.

8 comments:

Dagny said...

Ehhhh, I never trust anybody who says "sculpt and tone." Muscles don't do either. The workout is a circuit which alternates the muscle groups so you can keep working. Besides being time efficient, it's a great way to add a cardio component to a resistance workout if you keep a good tempo going. Mix up any combo of upper and lower body and antagonist muscle groups! Just keep enjoying it!
Dagny, NASM CPT

E. Jane said...

I'm exercise challenged, so I have little knowledge of what you're doing and can't make an intelligent comment. The treadmill and the recumbant eliptical is as far as I go. (See--I don't think I even spelled the words right.) You're doing great, but rest and take breaks when you need to.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe you walked the track after that workout. I would be doing the G.I. Joe crawl to my car.

Jodie said...

I hurt just reading that description!!

Helen said...

Best line in this whole blog:

"I had better have an ass like an anvil when I am finished."

Hahahahaha!

Get the scale. Give your husband the link and get the discount. You'll LOVE it!

Jo said...

The anvil ass cannot be avoided if you keep this up...

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'm confused. Hard as an anvil or shaped like an anvil?

Anne H said...

Dang - no rest?
Animal!