11.11.2011

What wondrous love is this?



oh my soul oh my soul...
I was watching this and it occurred to me that today is veteran's day....
The lord lying in the arms of his mother...after fighting the good fight and overcoming death.
It reminds me of course, of the men and women who have died and the many empty arms of mothers and fathers...
And wives, and husbands, and children.
and brother's sisters and friends....
What manner of love resides inside the man or woman who lays down their life for their friend, their family, and their country. 
Or the man or woman willing to should the need arise.
A wondrous love.
Worthy of reverence.
For that I thank them.
On this veteran's day.

Chris out.

5 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

selah....

Helen said...

I live in a military community - in fact my husband is a butcher at the base commissary. Every single day we are surrounded by people who fought and died for our freedom. I consider that a privilege and a blessing!

P.S. If you really are interested in the scale, hold off on buying it. They are going to give me a discount code that you can use and I believe the discount will be significant. I guess they're having trouble with making the website accept the code - but hang in there, it's coming!

Christine said...

Thanks Helen! I will hold off. I like the idea of that scale. I have issues with getting lighter that are mental and just knowing the ups and downs would be better than a number. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service.

E. Jane said...

This is so beautiful, Chris. Thank you for sharing. Thinking about all of the lives given for love of country and the freedom we so enjoy gives us reason to give what we can also. I'm going to try to remember that--and not just on this very poignant, thoughtful day. It needs to become a part of who I am. Have a wonderful weekend!