12.27.2011

working out at home...

Did that yesterday and today...
Yesterday, I did 10 minute solution off netflix and about 20 minutes of a walk away the pounds cd...today I did my full body workout courtesy of my online trainer omar.
I have decided to cap my calories at 1500...they have been at 1600-1700 for nearly the duration of my weight loss efforts.  But I decided starting January 1rst, that I would be going hard core..and to me, 1500 is hard core. Especially when I am going full bore on my exercise...so I have been eating around 1450 for two days now...and exercising a little lighter than usual trying to shrink my stomach.
Shrink my stomach.
I don't even know if that is scientific. lol.
It's something my mom used to say..
But I have been a case study in how the stomach 'shrinks'.
I can't pig out anywhere near what I used to.
I can only finish half my plate at restaurants...
eating at holidays is stymied.
You name it..
eat less for a prolonged period of time, and you get used to eating less.
Which is what I am doing and what I am focused on...
dinner tonight...
Bean soup.
On my other blog (Yes, I have one...one that I haven't written on since march. lol)
I wrote about some of the meals I plan to make and eat...
But, where ever you see a starch, just dump it..
lol. It's meat and veggies for dinner for me..
so instead of potatoes, I'll eat green  beans or asparagus.
I save my starches for breakfast and lunch.
Well, that's all for now.
Hope you all had a fantastic holiday.
I did.
Chris out.

7 comments:

Anne H said...

I think this is gonna be a great year!
I just feel it!

Crumpled Moments said...

I'm using the week between Christmas and New Year as a practice week. I'm with you on 1/1 and hitting it hard core. Love the phrase!

Helen said...

I don't know if it's the stomach that shrinks or what but I do know that eventually you'll be fine with less calories. Don't ask me how that works either lol!

Hanlie said...

I found, to my surprise, this holiday season that I could simply no longer eat as much as I used to. I didn't even feel the need to partake of everything that was on offer. That, to me, is great progress!

Dagny said...

It's a myth that the stomach shrinks! Unfortunately it does not! But over time you simply get used to eating less. Eating high fiber high satiety foods (like beans!) will make you feel fuller longer with a lower volume of food.

If you want to get a good sense of how many calories you can eat in a day, this calculator is a good tool. I've found that it calculates my BMR very closely to what I get from my BodyBugg. Be careful about overestimating how many calories you burn from any given activity.

Making a change and seeing if results show up on the scale will always be the best way to determine if you're on the right track!

Light & Strength in the New Year!
Dagny, NASM CPT

http://calendarscripts.info/bmr-calculator.html

karen@fitnessjourney said...

The great thing about only being able to eat half the portion at restaurants-leftovers! I hate cooking.

Retta said...

Hard core... even the phrase sounds determined! Yep... this will our year for sure. I have no doubt that you will make your goal. :-)