2.11.2012

RIP Whitney Houston...


I edited this post....my friend Deb had a very good point...Knowing God is the most important thing...
My point is..God gave us a life for a reason..
Her talent was immense...given by God.
I remember this song very well...It was beautiful.
The very idea of it was inspiring..to live each day as if it were your last, to push yourself and to dream big and grab the opportunity when it presents itself. To be who you were born to be, that is living.
I don't want to waste my life...to waste my potential when I have the ABILITY TO GRAB WHAT I WANT.
It's within my power to do what I set out to do..
I have abilities that I do not use...
we don't have forever..
life is not an endless resource.
One day we will reach our end...and I do not want to look back and see whole stretches barren because I simply didn't try.
God bless her family...
I hope they can recover from this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

After the initial shock, my first thought was--Did she know Jesus?

A sobering reminder that no one knows how long they have before the answer to that question is the only thing that counts.

Deb

Retta said...

I was stunned when I stumbled across her death at 48 posted on Facebook. All I could think was.. what a tragic waste. She was so unhappy on the inside...

She grew up singing in church, and at 11 sang in the junior gospel choir. So I'm sure she heard the gospel somewhere along the line. Her mother was a gospel singer, who later sang in nightclubs, and Whitney eventually joined her.

All I can do is think of God's mercy, and regardless of any of her mistakes, there is the possibility she is there now, being loved and all her tears being wiped away. But her family must be devastated.

Yes... it absolutely makes one stop dead in their tracks and think. NO pun intended.

Sheilagh said...

So very sad, I believe she is in the arms of Jesus and he is washing away all of her sadness and demons. She had the voice of an angel, we will hear her again.
So sad for her daughter.

downsizers said...

It's not our call where her eternity will be spent. We can only pray for the mercy that all of us need. Substance abuse is a demon and how we treat our bodies can be our undoing. I have always been amazed at how much the body can take before it gives out. Regardless of our drug of choice we must take seriously how we treat our health. She was surely a tormented soul and I too was shocked and saddened to hear this.

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I was really stunned and saddened to hear about this. She had so much talent and it is a great loss to the music world. I do know, in answer to Deb's questions, that she had a lot of communication with CeCe Winans about God and salvation. They had a lot of respect for each other but I don't know. and suspect no one knows, if Whitney made a step of faith into belief or not.

Julie said...

Things like this puts my problems into perspective. Rest in peace.

carla said...

so so so so sad.

Anne H said...

Happy Valentines Day to you and yours... You are an AWESOME powerhouse!