7.08.2009

ummm....not so much...

Well, I had my splurge day again this month. I decided to have a cheesey chicken chimichanga and mexican coleslaw and root beer. Afterward we went to cold stone and I get a love it sized sweet cream ice cream with chocolate shaving and cherries. Why am I telling you all this?? Why am I torturing you poor inhabitants of diet land? because, quite frankly the whole thing was meh. IT tasted fine, not orgasmic. After I was done with my 670 calorie sunday and 1400 calorie dinner ( I looked up my splurge because quite frankly i didn't enjoy it that much, I was queesy, not cheesy. It's not that good folks. I enjoy my dinners at home as much and probably more. You know why. I don't feel sick afterwards. Mentally or physically. I just don't get much out of food anymore. Heck, I think I enjoyed my radishes and salt last night more. hmmmm.....could it be that I have broken through my food addiction. I sure hope so. Still measuring though. After I got done with all that garbage, I took a nap. Then I got up and walked two miles. After I sweated a bit and drank about 40 oz's of water I felt better. I don't know that my splurge day works for me anymore. I know jillian michaels recommends a few higher calorie days during the month to keep your body a little off balance. I might employ that little strategy instead. So, you guys keep up the good fight, and feel better....just remember...it's not that good.
Talk to you later,
Chris

4 comments:

Amber said...

Sorry it wasn't better for you.

Getting past the main food addiction part is huge!!
Your doing great keep it up!
ak

Patty said...

What a great day! When you enjoy radishes more than ice cream and mexican food, that is a sure sign of being on the fast track to excellent health. Happy for ya!!

seattlerunnergirl said...

I LOVE that you allow yourself one cheat a month. And I'm a big believer in varying your caloric intake from time to time - it keeps your body guessing! Keep up the great work, I really enjoy your blog!

Brenda said...

Keep up the good work, Chris. You are an encouragement to me with the journaling of your progress!