6.10.2010

crouching blogger...nasty toilets...

Hello all,
signing on in Ohio...after three days of touring various states public restrooms, here are my recommendations for future travelers..
Best hotels kansas
Worst hotels....well, we had good hotels.
While the hotel in Kansas had awesomely clean sheets...
The hotel in Highland Illinois was very nice and helpful.
The best part of  highland, Illinois was silver lake park..It was beautiful and they had some really well trained ducks.
It had a fitness room where Iwas able to get an entire hour of cardio in the form of elliptical for 30 minutes and treadmill for 30 minutes.
The first night I swam and did calisthenics by the pool...100 jumping jacks and 50 pushups and some leslie sansone walk away the pounds type things.
As for the title....the award for worst public roads and nastiest toilets goes to...
Indiana....
ucck.
I will upload those tomorrow.
We just got in and my in laws are here...
so I am going to go and visit...do my workout and blog a bit more later.
Kept my calories at or below 1600 for the most part.
So definately no gains and about a 1000 calorie deficit as of right now.
So, talk at  you all later...
Hugs,
Chris

14 comments:

Robin said...

I got the distinct feeling you were whispering. Weird. Go enjoy the family. We miss you but we're here all the time. We'll wait and still love you when you come back.

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

Hotels with fitness rooms are always a good thing. Glad you've been able to get in some good workout time. :)

paulawannacracker said...

I agree. We'll be here waiting.

MargieAnne said...

You're an inspiration;

Enjoy visiting with your in laws.

Hope you're having an awesome trip.

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

Woo-hoo - glad to hear the trip is going well health-wise! I expected nothing less. Have fun!

Unknown said...

did you get pics of the nastiness? lol Safe travels my friend! :)

Karen said...

Well... I live in Kansas. So I am glad to hear we have clean sheets:)

Bring Pretty Back said...

You are keeping on track great! Calories under 2,000 on vacation , now that is fantastic!

Amber said...

Glad you made it ok! I do hate public restrooms! I think they need to make cars with their own restroom in them, oh wait I guess that would be an RV or a camper.

The pets are doing ok! Duke really misses Kate! Don't think Leo knows what to think. We went over this evening and Ethan played with them both for awhile. They're doing good, just miss you all.

Great job on the workouts! Awsome! So few even think about workingout while on vacation.

Helen said...

I assume the "crouching blogger" came about BECAUSE of the nasty toilets?

99ToGo said...

Nasty toilets. Ick.

When we're doing squats in our Body Pump class, the instructor says to imagine a nasty potty you don't want to get your hiney anywhere near. It does create the perfect squat position.

Another plus to being fit and strong: when life gives you disgusting toilest, you have strong leg muscles to handle them!

Tammy said...

Good to hear from you and that you've been able to get your exercise in. Update us when you can. :)

Seth said...

Have fun with the in-Laws!

Linda Pressman said...

Biggest problem with vacations seem to be when you refuse to eat their awful calorie-laden food and you can't get your food, you end up with a 1000 calorie deficit!