11.14.2009

Day 6....comparison pictures



Then



Now.......



lol, I thought I had shortened the first picture...then realized that ...No, that was me. lol.

So, before and middle. I have lost around 60 lbs. I have 70 lbs to go. I am going to take a full body pic at 65 lbs lost.

Well, went back to the gym today. I did a lighter cardio day in favor of some toning exercises.
So, instead of Arnold, I got on Christian and did thirty minutes for a 300 calorie burn..then I did the treadmill at 3.2 mph for 130 calorie burn. (This is why I loathe treadmills...if I am going to spend an hour on anything, I want some bang for my buck.)

I decided to try some 'Tracy Anderson' workout moves....
which you can watch here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCiMBFc0sc

I did one set (of 15) everything she did, and she kicked my rear.
well, I also did 24 plies...and yes Tracy, you can do too many ;oP...

People make fun of her and say you can't get strong doing this stuff. But I have lifted when I was in the army. I lifted 150 lbs, and this is as difficult-if not harder.
My legs are still sore from the exercises. I know it's from those because this was the easiest cardio day I have put in since I started.
Since I am so close to 200, I want to start pulling everything in so as the fat comes off, it will reveal toned muscle underneath.

I dare you guys to try that knee to shoulder thing. ouch.
You know sixty pounds ago, I couldn't think where the fat would come from....now I can see. Before, all the fat was hard. Now it's loose. My front fat flap is almost gone.
The day that goes, I will throw it a going away party by doing 200 situps.
Well, back to it tomorrow. I am going to have a kick 8ss cardio day and do my 100 situps minimum. I think I am going to stick with the Tracy Anderson stuff and see how it works.
Well, have a great tomorrow guys. I have to go and read the blogs. oh and my calories are sitting at 1360. Think I will have a soy bar...mmmmmm....nummy.
Hugs,
Chris









15 comments:

foolsfitness said...

your "A Deliberate Life" blog is a good name for it. With your 60 pounds off I can see some of the reasons why with you focused such as you are with those intense workouts.

At the point I am in my journey I'm not sure if I'd attempt half of that. Yet in time I might last a few rounds with Arnold or Tracy.

As far as the 200 situps, I might be able to bang out 5 or 6... then I'd have to go to the emergency room, but I think I could do it.

At Foolsfitness we love soy! Well We are ok with soy sauce if it's on some gooey and crunchy chinese food goodness!-Alan

Unknown said...

Whoo hooo I love love love before -during pics and wow I love yours! :) WTG on rocking the weight loss! :)

Im tired from just reading all of your exercise..I must go lay down! lol

:)

deisegal said...

You are just glowing in that second pic.

I've tried the Tracy Anderson stuff and I did feel it alright, only problem I had with her workouts was I started losing concentration during them as there were so many reps. Luckily though there seems to be a workout out there to suit everyone (well at least in the American market - on this side of the Atlantic we get soap "stars" doing "salsarobicilates" DVDs that flood the market after Christmas and doing 8 reps of bicep curls with bean cans! You are right to stick with that routine for a while as you can judge your progress as you go along much easier.

Melissa said...

Good for you!!! That second pic = awesomeness!!
I can't wait to see the full body comparison.

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh Chris! I love this chica! Thank you so much for introducing me to Tracy Anderson. Wow! I can't wait to try some of her moves. I'm going to take my laptop into my exercise room and follow along today. I'll probably look goofy, but what the heck!

Your photos are awesome, girl. You have accomplished such a fabulous weight loss and you're half way through. Go Chris, go Chris, go Chris!

My word verification is "graps" which of course my brain sees as grapes. Why do I see food everywhere I gooooo??????? LOL

See you tomorrow. And thanks for pointing us toward Tracy Anderson. I'm hopping over to Amazon to see if she has any workout videos.

Ciao!

South Beach Steve said...

Chris, I can tell a really big difference in the before and during photos. Of course, who wouldn't be able to with the progress you have had so far? You are really doing great!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Sounds like you are in a really good place right now. You've got such a great attitude too.

One thing I noticed about your before and after shots is that in your after shot you are wearing make-up, earrings, your hair looks cute pulled back...You've given yourself permission to look good. I don't see that positive attitude in the first picture.

Carlos said...

kick assed progress

Christy said...

Wow! You are an inspiration ... and you look great!

Leslie said...

You're like a house on fire now with your weightloss and exercise effort! Very inspiring. I also see the subtle increased confidence and freshness in your second picture. It won't be long before we're seeing the full body comps!

Foodie Girl said...

You look fantastic! Keep it up!

Learning to be Less said...

Holy cow!!! You do not even look like the same person. Amazing. Congrats on all that hard work paying off! Can you even imagine what you will look like another 70 pounds lighter? What an inspiration.

I look forward to the full body comparison. You should also take a profile shot to compare for the next time.

Killer goo job my lady!

Running for a Cause said...

Chris- The weight you have lost is soo inspiring for me! Keep up the good work. I know how hard exercising can be at times, you are doing a great job following a program. Keep up the good work. I tend to run because once I start running its easier for me to keep going, as opposed to lifting weights, I tend to quit earlier than I should. Do you believe in tithing? I see you are very religious, I am curious what your opinion is.
Emmett

Tony said...

Wow, that's a huge difference! Keep it up!

Hanlie said...

Wow! You are really doing this... with grace, wisdom and a lot of perseverance.