12.29.2009

weight training...and the perfect 10 challenge



This picture links back to Steve's post about the perfect 10...I will be posting it in the sidebar tomorrow.
It is Steve's weight loss challenge which just happens to jive with my fatmaggedon smackdown.
In the spirit of the contest I will post 10 goals for the 10 weeks.

1.) To exercise 6 days a week...every day but wednesday. And to allow only 3 off days in case of emergency for the 10 weeks.

2) To do one hour of cardio six days a week...and 3 days of arm and leg toning and 3 days of situps. For a total of one hour and fifteen minutes, six days a week.

3.) To take a beginning and ending picture.

4.) To be able to do 200 situps in 5 minutes or less by the last day of the challenge...to be corroborated by my good and honest freind Amber from the Faith love kids and me blog.

5.) To keep my calories between 1400 and 1500 every day except my 5 pre-allotted high calorie days....I will log my food and calorie intake on this blog daily and alert the readership on upcoming high calorie days.

6.) To drink 8 cups of water or 64 oz. daily.

7.) To Eat no less than at least 1 serving of fruit per day and 2 servings of vegetables per day.

8.) To post my start and end weight...and for the weight lost during those 10 weeks to be a minimum of 8 lbs.

9.) To try one new recipe per week for 10 weeks.

10.) To get to bed by midnight every night (ACK!)
That will be the tough one.
lol.

Anyways..on to our regularly scheduled blog....
well,
Hey all.
Today it was back to the gym and Arnold.
I did one hour and burned 660 calories.
I then did some stretching and realized that since I had done my situps yesterday...I really had no toning exercises planned for today.
I decided it was about time I started concentrating on my arms.
So I took two 2.5 pound dumbells and did 3 sets of 20 reps each tricep curls, bicep curls and delt lifts...arms out to the side to shoulder level then down....that was the hardest.
Then I did hamstring curls....30 total.
with 20 pounds.
It is a good start.
I think I will keep with that through January and see how it goes.
I will be posting an update on Friday from the above goals.
I had a pretty good day today.
I took my youngest to Walmart to look at some clothes to see what we might pick next month while clothes shopping.
Then after I went to the gym tonight, I stopped by the bx to look at big girl clothes.
I love the mid rise jeans, I also love oleg cassini coats.
I love the lines, although I am not going with a white.
They had the most awesome tweed oleg cassini jacket....I'm going to see if I can't find a picture.
I did, if you click on the word picture, it will take you there.
Love it, Jackie Kennedy was always somebody I admired (when I first saw a picture of her in 9th grade) oleg cassini was her stylist. I loved how simple and elegant she always looked.
I can't wait to have the shape to carry half of it off.
well,
This post was long enough.
Good luck to all of you.
Only one more day left and then I will be posting myyear end weight.
I will do a mini look back and a goal post on the 31rst looking forward.
Here's to the new year.
Hugs
Chris
p.s. Heads up san franciscans...if I were you I would pay attention. Animals don't get up and leave en mass for nothing. Just sayin'...good time to take a trip out of town in the next few weeks if you ask me. Anybody else think an earthquake is coming?

16 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

i learn so much every time i visit your blog!! Gosh, now i'm going to have to go look at that blog. Great goals. Thanks for all your inspiration.

paulawannacracker said...

Wow... Perfect 10 Challenge. I will take a look at the blog as well. I think I need to do something very similar.

Chris, your comment meant a great deal to me. No more pan for me. I'm done. The stuff is like crack...

Sean Anderson said...

I seriously need to take a page of your book and copy it! Writing out specific goals like this has been a weak spot for me. I just fly along all over the place. But a more structured approach and plan would certainly benefit. You're doing just that. I love it. Thank you for the inspiration my friend.

My best always
Sean

Natalia said...

I like your goals! I'm working on some of my own. Good luck! :)

Helen said...

Wow. I'm impressed that you came up with 10 goals for the 10 weeks. Um, I did 4. But 4 important ones so that's good, right? But, I have around 15 or so for all of 2010 and those don't include the 4 for the Perfect 10. I have a lot to work on. Sigh.

South Beach Steve said...

I love your goals for The Perfect 10 Chris. One thing you have done that I especially like is giving yourself some flex days. I need to be sure and incorporate this.

Regarding the sea lions, I think you are speaking some wisdom here. It is true that nothing may happen, but as you said, animals generally don't depart for no reason at all.

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Those are some ambitious plans, but I'm sure you'll get some amazing results. The hardest thing on that list for me would be cooking something new every week. LOL! I actually like working out better than cooking.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Wow, that challenge looks a whole lot like my 2009. Believe me, stick close to that and the results will be spectacular.

Happy New Year!

Foodie Girl said...

Animals always know whats up. Can anyone join that challenge? I have never done one before.

Christine said...

yeah, anyone can join. just click the picture and it will take you to steve's post. You tell him your joining and the post the goals on your blog a nd update on those goals weekly.
The rest of the rules are on there.

Unknown said...

You've made some changes to your blog - I like it. I've got some catching up to do. Saw Steve's Perfect 10 Challenge today and signed up. I find it very motivational with all of you supporting me along the way.
I'm impressed you came up with 10 goals. I've got 4 listed so far and still need to tweak them but will have that completed by Friday.

Christine Jeske said...

Dear fellow Chris,
I am in love with you!!! Lol. And your perfect tens goal list. Sorry to be a total dweeb but I am going to be following in step on the 10 for 10 list and also borrowing a few of your goal ideas.
Adoringly,
Your fellow Chris Mafia Member ♥♥♥

Lisa said...

Love that idea :) Goal setting may not always be fun but there is so much more importance to the process than you ever imagined until you finally reach your goal! Good luck and Happy New Years :)

antgirl said...

Good set of goals you've got going there.

Pretty coat. I love clothes shopping these days. Funny, how it's more fun when stuff fits in smaller sizes.

Linda Pressman said...

Chris, awesome list of goals, totally doable. And I love the coat. I may live in Arizona but the coats this year have been so incredible (and I'm such a shopaholic) that I bought three. At least they don't get much wear...
And I'm with you on the trying to get to bed by midnight. Actually, under pressure from my husband, I'm supposed to get in bed by 11:30 and I love staying up really late. But it's nuts and it makes my life nuts because I have to be up early the next day with the kids so you're right - a goal about sleeping is very important.

Melissa said...

you=super intuitive

Love your list!! You have SOOO got this!