10.14.2010

And Chris finds her limit.....

Hey all,
Well, I went to see a 'professional' today.
She seemed like a very nice lady.
We talked about circuit training...
We talked about nutrition and the need to 'get rid of fat'.
In my food and over my muscles.
She was a three time miss olympia.

I swear to God, all I could think of while talking to her was this:

 

Yes I have about 15 to 20 lbs to lose.

But no, I don't want to eat half cans of tuna and 'calorie poor' (her words not mine) leafy veggies for the rest of my life.
I don't mind doing it for a while....but yuck.
I am putting up my scale till November 1rst, When I will weigh in before God and everyone, weight to be posted here.
I am gonna keep my calories between 1400-1500.
implement some circuit training and interval training, step up my game exercise wise.
drop my sugar to 2 tablespoons a day and increase my salad intake.
But I don't want my whole life to revolve around an 'eating schedule'.
My 'eating schedule' will be with my family.
My exercise will be an hour to an hour and a half a day.
And after that I am not going to worry about it.
I am taking Allen's formula...(well, not allen's formula...but we will call it allen's formula because he talks about it all the time) and I will use that.
Thank you Allen.
So, my  formula is 132 x 11=1452
That is what it would take to maintain  my ultimate weight....add in exercise and there is my calorie level for the week or less if I so choose. I will be posting numbers on Sundays and what my deficit was.
My weigh in will be once a month till I get to goal.
I will have one 2500 calorie day a month like I did when I started, and two 1800 calorie days on Sundays...

Like allen and many others, I don't care who likes my plan. It's my plan. 
When it comes down to it, this journey is our own.
It comes down to what we want our lives to represent.
What we want to focus on.
I don't want to focus on my body 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I did that fat.
all the time, thinking of how ashamed I should be.
I won't do it now.
Thinking of how I should be only eating a can of tuna and some spinach.
That's not a life...not to me anyways.
Eating schedules...bizzare food combinations...
Lack of breasticles.
uh uh.
I'm a chick.
I realized today that irregardless of whether or not I ever lose a nother pound...I refuse to spend the rest of my life paranoid about fat, counting out almonds and whatever it is you have to do to look like that.
That IS NOT me.
I will settle for a healthy weight, some stretch marks and a full life.
Have a great night guys.
Big hugs,
Me.

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

BREASTICLES!
I'm with you. I don't like tuna that much, sorry.
Even if you don't lose another ounce, better to be 20 lbs overweight than 120 lbs overweight.
And you're active and healthier in every way (physical, mental,AND spiritual).
I say you're winning.

paulawannacracker said...

OMG... I totally remember this sketch from In Living Color. Chris, as I read your post, my head was nodding in agreement. I've been thinking about your success and my lack thereof and I know it's because i'm not counting every almond, peanut, etc. I think I'm consuming under 1500 calories but reality is telling me somethign completely different. I've resorted to eating a can a tuna with cottage cheese for dinner cuz that seems to get results but it's no way to live. I think that's why I'm not losing. I'm just stuck because I don't want to live that way.

You just said what I've been thinking and afraid to voice/type.

Even reading the MC article has me re-evaluating what I'M DOING and NOT DOING.

I can always look to you for common sense. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one..

paula

E. Jane said...

You have made some very wise choices, Chris. We've done enough obsessing about what we eat, what we can't eat, and what we're supposed to eat. I've done that for most of my life. What you are doing is "doable" for life.

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Never seen that, LMAO! Thanks for that Chris. About the plan, it's pretty much mine too. I basically eat when/what I feel is appropriate, but because I write everything down, and count calories, every day is magically ending up at almost exactly 1460 calories. It's bazaar. But I'm losing over 1 lb a week. Including bootcamp (strength training/cardio) three times a week. It's working, so I'm not changing a thing!

Amber said...

A great plan. I'd rather live 20lbs away from goal than living on tuna and water for ever. Tracking food and staying active is a life long doable routine.
Good plan.

bbubblyb said...

Sounds like you have a good plan for yourself Chris. I know you'll get to wherever you want to be. I'm with you though I don't want to live that way either.

Ali said...

What is the Allen's Formula, goal weight times 11?

I like your plan. As long as it works for you, thats all that matters.

--Ali

Christine said...

@ ali, well, with allen's formula..lol.
he is going to love this.
It's what it takes to maintain your weight.
so, I don't want to maintain my current weight of 149 or so..
I want to 'maintain' a weight of 132...so that is the calorie level I want to eat at.
so I multiply 132 X 11 and get 1452. Eating 1452, I would theoretcially lose without exercise..with exercise I will lose faster unless I eat those calories. But I will only eat some...three times a month..the rest will be added to my calorie deficit for faster weight loss.

Christine said...

or theoretically...one of those

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful plan, Chris.

And as for the rest, AMEN!

I think it is a trap--if we now refuse to wallow in food and shame--well then, we'll obsess over the scale and..well, food. Just different food for different reasons.

It takes a wise woman to see that pit and step around it. Personally, I've felt the dirt move under my feet more than once as I tried to navigate the Highway to Thin. And not in a good way.

We're gonna get this thing done, Chris--and walk in freedom, too.

Deb

Linda Pressman said...

Ha ha, funny video, Chris! Good, delicious food will always be part of my life, so I'm with you there. I'm not going to suffer and I don't believe that's what I'm supposed to be doing. That being said, I also haven't eaten my personal binge foods for over 10 years so that handled a lot of the problems right there.

MargieAnne said...

Great plan, best attitude. TWJ ad I enjoyed the video. Where do you find those things *giggle* and *giggle* some more.

Retta said...

the "best" plan is the one YOU have researched, chosen, like, enjoy, and is effective. It really doesn't matter one twit what anyone else thinks!

I've used that formula method for years. As long as you find the right multiplier for your own metabolism, it is actually quite accurate in the LONG run... at least that's been my experience.

Daily weighing...nope. Weekly weighing... not so much. But for monthly weigh-ins, I have found it very reliable.

Of course, MY multiplier right now, to be accurate, is barely a 9!! But you are more active, and probably have a normal metabolism that hasn't been invaded by the mischievousness of menopause type stuff. Grrr.

Good plan... Thumbs up for Jim Carrey and Breasticles, LOL!
Loretta
=^..^=

Ali said...

Thanks for clarifying, Chris. So the 11 in the formula is based on the your activity level?

My goal is to reach 155. So, according to this formula, using 11, I could maintain 155 at 1705 calories per day. And if I exercise, it will be faster.

Sounds logical, I'm going to really think about this one!

Helen said...

This post is great Chris. Because you're basically saying you're not going to be a nut and you ARE going to work a plan that will last a lifetime.

Oh my! Look at all the questions and no Allen to be found - lol! Where is he when you need him?

99ToGo said...

How nice will it be to stick with a reasonable diet of foods you like, and keep your breasticles?!

If you wanna be a body-builder or Hollywood star (they're all so happy, right?) go for the tuna and spinach, ad nauseum.

But I'm with you: Good (healthy) foods, at flexible times, with an eye on total intake and exercise, sounds reasonable to me :)

Robin said...

Everyone needs to know where they draw the line. Apparently yours is at Breasticles. You go girl! Love that word, btw.

karen@fitnessjourney said...

You know what's best for your body, it's no one's business what you do, as long as it feels right to you. I like your attitude and the fact that you aren't letting the whole weight thing run your life.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

you have done such an awesome job. I admire you so much!