1.15.2010

Perfect 10 update....

Hello all,
Hello Steve.
Another thing you didn't know about me...
I love grain silos.
I like driving through Kansas in the winter.
I like how stripped down and essential everything becomes.
The dead stalks of corn and the pewter sky and the occasional bare tree posed against the sky, alone. Something you wouldn't notice anywhere else....but because it's so rare...the tree is noticeable.
Sometimes there is beauty in what is considered ugly.
It looks real, untouched.
It's the beauty of reality.
Like Pittsburgh.
It is what it is.
I was riding an amtrak train through philadelphia when I was 19.
The train tracks passed right by these brick apartment buildings with open windows , but they weren't open...they were broken. It was winter...December.
And the curtains from inside were sucked out into the breeze.
Just these little flags of color against dirty brick.
Kind of like pieces of peoples' souls, like spiritual flags or something.

I like railway stations, and factories at night with smokestacks.
Junkyards and gravel pits...especially at night.
The remains of humanity.

Hope everyone is feeling great.
This week was hit and miss.
I did 5 days of exercise...so I guess I am pulling out one of my flex days.
This makes two out of three flex days used..
ack!

Water...every day...great water intake.
1500 calories every day but yesterday....ugh.
situps 3 days of situps...on target. The upper body, only 2 days.
New recipe
yup...
cabbage and turkey sausage tonight.
pretty good.

I have been getting my veggies and fruits in daily...of course with the higher calorie count I should.
Calories in today at 1360...
I blame the cabbage.
I ate a ton and there is hardly any calories in it.
Turkey sausage and cabbage.
dinner 480 calories
lunch cottage cheese and pineapple 250
breakfast
yogurt honey and peaches 330
coffee 80 calories
crackers and cheese 220

crazy....it was a ton easier today.
turkey sausage is a good meat to eat...it fills me up, I can have a ton....
good choice.
My hair has a reddish light brownish tint....not actually a blond. lol.
My friend and kids and hubby say they like it.
I am still trying to get used to it.
I will try to upload a pic tomorrow.
And I just want to say...
Thank you to Sally Costa from The Mais Fica blog for the beautiful Yankee candle (I actually won a blog give away...how crazy is that)...
and for getting GENERAL LARRY STUCK IN MY SKULL.
My whole family is now singing along with me...
pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground.
Hat turn side ways gold in yo' mouth...lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground.
So, shout out to General Larry...
Thank you for saying what we have all been thinking lo these many years, but never stopped to put into song.
Your pants pulled up blogger,
chris

13 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

Glad all is well for you!! Have a super great weekend. Keep up the good work :-)

Anne said...

You're doing great on the challenge and the cookie sales! Your descriptive writing early in this post reminds me of Carl Sandburg somehow. Love it. The last time I drove through Kansas I was not so observant or introspective, I just remember seeing nothing but flat nothingness for miles and miles and miles...

uh said...

I have two granddaughters selling cookies, they love it!

South Beach Steve said...

Over the last several years I have traveled this great country from almost coast to coast (hardly any time in the far west) and one thing I have learned is that there is beauty everywhere. Most people I work with call Nebraska boring. I am like you - the tree off in the distance, the long Platte River, the rail lines - it is a beautiful if you give it a chance.

Two of three - yikes is right!

Boozy Tooth said...

I love you Chris. And I also love grain silos. Except they make me hungry for cereal. And pork.

It's always about food, when you boil it all down, I mean.... Everything in the world is about food.

Glad you've got such an amazing handle on it and power over it. You rock, chica.

Tricia said...

Have a great weekend!

Marilee said...

I loved General Larry!! I just couldn't stop laughing!!!

Christine Jeske said...

I rode all the way through Kansas.

On a greyhound bus.

When I was 20.

And your words were poetry to me, made me feel young and free and wandering (city to city, soul to soul) again.

Thank you for reminding me to keep my head down and dodge those hollow point doughnuts! I don't know what I would do without my Chris mafia!! ((hugs))

Melissa said...

Good job!! Have a great weekend!

Julie Lost and Found said...

Great job!!!!

I love grain silos too. I love flat beautiful country land, which is probably why I love Amish country! I could probably live Amish, if it weren't for the internet issue... LOL

Have a great week!

Brenda said...

As much as I love spring and summer, I do like the look of the bare trees. I think it's so neat seeing the sun set behind a bare tree. Looks like a cool sillouette.

Dani @ PFL said...

Beautiful post!

Glad things feel easy for you today! It must be something in the air because I feel it, too.

Keep it up! =)

Hanlie said...

You're a great writer! Loved the descriptions...

I heard about Gen. Larry and just had to listen on Youtube and now it's stuck in my mind too. It just comes up at the strangest moments, "Pants on the ground". You're right, I have been thinking exactly that for years!