9.29.2010

old friends.

Hey all,
Hope it is going well with you.
Things are good here.
I took today off to clean the house and get ready to have an old friend of my husbands over for dinner.
We knew him from a long time ago. Nearly 20 years or more.
It was a nice visit.
But I am a little tired.
It's late and I have to get my daughter up early to go to a student conference on nuclear proliferation.
No, I am not kidding.
It's something she wanted to do.
I don't think I wanted to go to a conference on nuclear proliferation at 16.
But then again, I didn't want to be a doctor of zoology, learn russian or a myriad of other things as well.
I am impressed daily at how much of her own person she has become.
I hope you all are doing well.
I will be back tomorrow with a decent post.
Have a great night.
Hugs,
Chris

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. This was more than decent. Doesn't it feel good to look at your child and realize that despite it all--you done good?! Deb

Retta said...

And get thee to thy bed, Mama!

Have a wonderful sleep. It WAS nice hearing about the individual your daughter is becoming. That is a nice reflection on her Parents!
Loretta
=^..^=

Allan said...

Good morning, Calm sounds great also..

M Pax said...

Your daughter sounds like a fascinating person. Well done. You must be bursting with pride.

Losing it in Vegas said...

I take a year off and come back and look at your pictures! Damn girl, you go!

Glad to see you are doing well, and sleep good :)

Seth said...

I'm gonna say that your ability to be disciplined now -- has strengthened her ability to be disciplined and see a bright future.

I'm gonna give you some credit too :)

Robin said...

Glad to see you doing something about the social thing. I bet you are really proud of your girl. Kids can be so amazing. I left you a vid on my page today...Thursday has rolled around again. Hope you like it!