9.23.2010

Welcome to Chrisbodia...DAY 1 Year 0


Well, enough with the resting on my laurels.
I have been very happy with my 110 lb loss..
...reveling...
wearing pretty clothes....
doing the hair....
getting happy with the makeup...
reintroducing hobbies...
That's fantabulous.

Buuuut,
I need to recapture some of that desperate focus I had early in my journey.
The same focus Allen has with his journey.
It may be normal for some of that sense of urgency to leave once you hit near normal...but it wreaks havoc with forward momentum.
So to better keep my goal in mind I have posted some pictures all over the house to remind myself that though I am better, I am not there yet.

I put the above photo next to my bed...Jillian is 5'2 and 120 lbs.
I am 5'4 and want to be 132 lbs. I won't look 'just' like that..but will be decently close so It's a good facsimile

I am going to start doing my posts in segments...mental, spiritual, physical.
I will be blogging once per day.

This should help keep me focused.
I am going to give myself some limits and goals for the next little while, till I get to goal.
Physical
Water
I am going to drink at least 12 cups a day.
No white flour products....to include noodles.
none.
no crackers.
No buns.
nothing but la tortilla wraps and whole grain bread.
I looked at my stats and at least 2 people have found my blog looking for the wraps.
So I say again.
la tortilla factory wraps... Use them.
They are awesome.
One cup of coffee.
This pains me.
I am using way too many calories on coffee.
I need food, not coffee.

Three servings of veggies and low glycemic fruits.
That means apples, not bananas.
No popcorn
*yes, that is the sound of weeping.

These are all things that cause horrendous cravings.

Mental
Stay focused. Don't allow excuses to creep in.
Things like...'you did great this week, you look good...have a little party in your mouth Chris'
I want to build on momentum, not use it as an excuse to coast.

Spiritual
Practice open handed giving.
Giving while getting nothing in return.
Reading the bible daily.
And letting go of irritation when life gets in the way of my plans.
(Or some idiot driver gets in the way of my left turn.)
Those will be my goals for the next five weeks.

I will try to give specifics as I go on...
About how I am doing with these items.

For those who are interested in the mental it will be first up.
The second part will be spiritual
The third will be what exercise and what food I ate that day.

If I want to reach my goal of 132 lbs this decade I am going to need to kick this thing into gear.
hold one...this decade ends on December 31rst, doesn't it...hmmmm.

I am not doing any sort of guaranteed weight loss by this date thingy.
I don't believe in that.
That is a recipe for failure.
But I will have made significant progress by December 31rst.
Because I am going to go back to the basics.
Back to exercise, calorie counting and clean eating.
It's Day one, Year Zero every day here in Chrisbodia.
Yesterday doesn't count...Tomorrow isn't promised.
Today is all I have.
Have a good one guys.
Hugs,
Chris

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound determined and enthusiastic. :D Wahoo,Chris! I think that there are a few of us who have grabbed hold of the conept to make the last days of 2010 count. big.

I sometimes have trouble with bananas, too. I can be good with them sometimes--not always. Depends on what else is going on.

We're gonna make the next 100 days rock!

Deb

Robin said...

I think that whenever we get off track, that is the time to go back to basics. You do what works. This was how we did it in sales. I was a commission sales person for 10 years. When my sales started dropping, that meant my income started dropping, that meant I needed to reevaluate what I was doing. The answer was always the same. Back to basics. I had gotten lazy. I needed to start seeing more new customers and demoing more to existing customers. That is the only way to increase your business. New customers and more products to the customers you already have. That is it. You start doing that and your numbers go back up. Your commissions go back up, your income goes back up. If you find a successful way to do something and you start becoming "unsuccessful," chances are you are no longer using your own strategies anymore. Good for you on figuring this out.

As for your comment you left, I responded to it on my blog. And now I am going to bed. I am whooped.

Amber said...

You'll get there!
Congrats ahead of time!

Retta said...

Sounds like a good, clean, straightforward plan to take you to your goal. I like it!

Especially how you broke it down into the essentials... spiritual, mental and physical. Yep, we need a balance of all three.

Loretta
=^..^=
PS: I would be curious to see which category you would put your art into? Maybe even more than one!

Fiona said...

Great plan :)

Tammy said...

Awesome...and I would think the art would go into the spiritual column, wouldn't it? I love your art, by the way, in case I haven't told you that before. I can't draw a stick figure so I'm always in awe of the awesomeness that flows from someone's brain through their fingertips.

This sounds like a great plan! :)

Toyin O. said...

Love your tenacity.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan Chris and one I should be following too. I could so relate to the "I've done good this week time for a little party in the mouth".
And the popcorn... boo... I'm crying with ya :)

Alexia said...

i expect to see you at goal in no time! have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

SeattleRunnerGirl said...

LOVE it! This post is so determined and enthusiastic (plus you gotta love the song! lol). I have no doubt that you will continue your success with these new guidelines. Can't wait for your updates!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Fantastic!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I've been slowly getting myself back on track over the past few weeks and reading your blogs has been a part of the process. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I also plan on writing a blog every day for 100 days.

I have more confidence in you than I do in myself though. See you tomorrow!

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

E. Jane said...

Great new plan, Cris. Sometimes we have to "change things up" in order to renew our commitment and reignite the fire within.

deisegal said...

It's good to re-focus on healthier living at this time of year because it really is a time when you just want to comfortable and warm! Christmas sweets and crap have been popping up in all the supermarkets here...whhhaaa? So the Christmas crap+Halloween crap=LOTS OF CRAP everywhere.

I haven't been around the blogs a huge amount for the last few months but you don't seemed to have slipped off the wagon at all so you just have to tweak things a tiny bit to see a change I'm sure :)

PS I had a pretty bad "weekend cappuccino" habit using instant espresso but when that ran out I just thought I could use bog standard coffee to make the cappuccino...well it turns out that I really don't like regular coffee (my love of cappuccinos blinded me to that, I mean the smell of normal coffee can make me queasy so I should have known!)...think I'll keep the instant espresso off the shopping list for a while :)