9.10.2010

See you Sunday...

Well guys,
I am taking daughters to an anime convention tomorrow.
On September 11th.
yeah.
I feel like I should be doing something else...

I think it should be a national day of mourning or something.
But it isn't.
It is patriots day...very American.
Never admit to mourning.
It will let 'them' win.
But tomorrow...while I am dressed in what can only be described as a glorified confectioner outfit looking like a refugee from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory...
My heart will be mourning.
I will never ever forget where I was when it happened.
Or the people who died.
Or how I stood there holding my just less than two month old baby, watching the world morph and warp before my eyes.
I was enraged first, then horrified and then sad.
I am Still all three.
I am so thankful for my children that I still get to hold...
That my Husband made it through four tours to Iraq.
That my cousins have made it to Afghanistan and back.
Thankful for all the friends who made it home and
missing those who didn't.
That we as a family came out of everything whole, and relatively unscathed.

I remember all who gave their lives that day and every day since,
and I mourn.

See you all Sunday night.
Hugs and God Bless.
Chris

5 comments:

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

I will never forget coming home from dropping my husband off for a day of "predeployment paperwork" and turning on the tv to find what had happened. Like you, I mourn for those lost that day & since, but am so thankful our family has been mostly unscathed since then.

PS- I left you an award on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I guess 9/11 is one of those snapshot moments in which we all remember where we were and what we were doing.

I was working at our local hospital--my space was across the hall from a TV room. I heard someone cry out when the news of the first plane hitting the building came on. I trotted acorss the hall--when someone yellsin a hospital, you go see--watched the report, thinking it was a terrible accident.

I was standing there when the second plane hit. We all looked at each other with a bewildered, horrified realization. This was no accident. The plane that landed in PA--about an hour's drive from my home. Our hospital sits up on a hill--there was some panic...

Yes. I remember, too. I, too, willl feel the somberness of the day. AS usual, you expressed it all so well.

Deb

Anonymous said...

My wife and I were just talking about that terrible day.

I hope you are able to make the most of today.

Robin said...

I hear ya. I ended up writing two posts today b/c me and time don't ride in tandem so well together. Well, you'll know what I mean when you get to my page. I hope that your daughters had a nice time and I hope that you were able to backburner your feelings about 9/11 to enjoy it with them.

Putz said...

i toooo<<>><><got to stop thinking i guess